Nevertheless

Why is it easier to SMS a stranger than walk up and say "Hello"?
Why is this still true even when you are already in the same physical
space (like a bar)?

There is room for some interesting psychology work here.

-p

On Dec 6, 2007 12:11 AM, Jon Lebkowsky <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Interesting... icebrkr looks suspiciously like the infamous Quechup.
>
> ~ Jon
>
> On Dec 5, 2007 9:19 PM, Alvin Chin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> > This reminds me of Japan's Lovegetty
> > (http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/asiapcf/9806/07/fringe/japan.lovegety/)
> > where you have a mobile device and you have your profile on it.  When
> > you're in a bar or social meeting place, the device will light up or
> > so if you come in contact with someone else who matches your profile.
> >  Well dating is a huge business and opportunity out there, so whatever
> > technology can help to help someone find a match is a big deal.
> >
> > Technology finds the craziest and wackiest applications.
> >
> > Alvin
> >

> > On Dec 5, 2007 9:04 PM, Valdis Krebs <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > > *****  To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org  *****
> > >
> > > Another technology invented by nerds who have never had a date, and
> > > would not know a real social network if they tripped over it.
> > >
> > > http://www.icebrkr.com/
> > >
> > > Maybe we should start an "award" at Sunbelt for the dumbest social
> > > network technology of the year?  Something like the Darwin Awards...
> > >
> > > Valdis

> --
> Jon Lebkowsky
> Social Web Associates
> http://socialwebassociates.com
>
> Polycot Associates
> http://polycot.com
>
> Blog: http://weblogsky.com
> Profile: http://profile.to/jonlebkowsky

http://www.PaulBHartzog.org
http://www.panarchy.com
The Universe is made up of stories, not atoms.
                 --Muriel Rukeyser

See differently, then you will act differently.
                 --Paul B. Hartzog