Heh... no, not a client of mine.  I was probably feeling defensive, having
invited some of my own contacts to Spock. When I responded, I hadn't seen
all of the context for your post, and most of the negatives I'd seen about
Spock were focused on more typical startup issues (e.g. balky servers,
misplaced data).  I thought I was paying attention, but clearly not.

I'm wondering about the spamming of trust requests that you mention: are you
saying they're generating trust requests from persons who have not actually
become members of the site? Is this confirmed - or a suspicion? I could
probably live with the Facebook "mad libs" fumble as an error showing
questionable judgement, but sending a trust request in your name without
your authorization is both deceitful and self-destructive.

Thanks for the clear and complete response.  I talked to Nancy White about
Spock last night, and she noted that, once you've been spidered into their
system, they send you notices whether you've signed up or not.  That, too,
is pretty clueless.

~ Jon

--
Jon Lebkowsky