No, my understanding is you have to have signed up on the site to have
a trust request sent "on your behalf", but you may not be aware that
your actions are resulting in emails being sent to your friends.  They
also request you upload your contact lists from various email systems,
so this may complicate things on what you know is happening "on your
behalf".

Yes, Nancy is one of the people I look to in this domain -- SNS.  If
something does not pass her "sniff test" then I become doubtful.

Valdis