Jon,

    I see your point of view.  I blocked all Plaxo messages at my server
because there were so many messages.  After hearing a talk by someone
from Plaxo, who claimed they had stopped spamming people,  I unblocked
them, but was inundated with messages.  On closer examination I found
there was a way to turn them off.   But, there is nothing Plaxo provides
that was worth that trouble. The difference to me is that I have many
hundreds (more than 1000?) email contacts, few of whom I would dream of
bothering with emails requesting they spend their valuable time going to
a website and declaring their undying trust and love for me.   My
Facebook contacts are people who have invited me, specifically asked me
to invite them, or people I know are into such things.   I have a number
of contacts who I would be mortified if some software started sending
them requests to declare their trust for me.  Some people are busy.  I
know I am and when I get random requests from Plaxo and elsewhere, I
ignore them.  If there are too many, I block the messages at my server.
What benefit do Spock and Plaxo really provide?

-Don