Dear Socnetters,

In a network of interlocking directorates, I have the (edge)degree
distributions at two time periods. Now I would like to say something about
the significance of the differences between the mean degrees (it drops).

However, it seems that simple mean comparisons won't do the job since these
assume a normal distribution, which is not the case with edge degree in
these networks. I came across Mann-Whitney, which seems to be better suited.
However, I am not familiar with it and might overlook important assumptions.

Any suggestions on the best way to say something about significance of
difference in means of degree distributions?

Thanks,

Eelke

de Galan Groep
Rutgers van Rozenburglaan 2