This reminds me of Japan's Lovegetty
(http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/asiapcf/9806/07/fringe/japan.lovegety/)
where you have a mobile device and you have your profile on it.  When
you're in a bar or social meeting place, the device will light up or
so if you come in contact with someone else who matches your profile.
 Well dating is a huge business and opportunity out there, so whatever
technology can help to help someone find a match is a big deal.

Technology finds the craziest and wackiest applications.

Alvin