Iím helping 2 not-for-profits with their communications. One is a new trade/aid organisation (www.advanceaid.org) and the other advises on micro-finance methodology and good practice (http://www.imp-act.org).

They have slightly different communication challenges from lobbying more effectively through fund raising to encouraging participation in the shaping of their models by their most influential stakeholders.

I maybe wrong here but I think the solution they need is a mixture of Contact Management with Social Network Analsyis/Mapping.

On the Contact Management front, a tool like 37 Signals HighRise (http://www.highrisehq.com) seems perfect because itís accessible online by virtual teams and has the following functionality:

- Contact Manager & Address Book
Keeps contact info centralized, sharable, and safe online.

- Elegant and Simple CRM
Tracks communications with leads, clients, customers, etc.

- Intuitive Task Manager
Assign tasks to yourself or co-workers. Email & SMS reminders.

However, I'm happy tyo consider any tool and it would be useful to be able to display the who know variable graphically particularly with regard to the targeting of certain individuals ... as well as have this functionality integrated into the tool.

Just wondered if anyone could give me any pointers with regard to some tool which could do the above and Iíd even be prepared to split out the Contact Management from the social network analysis and mapping.