I'm going to be visiting relatives in Boynton Beach, FL from 12/19 to 12/23. I have two species i really want to get while down there.
1. FL scrub jay. Does anyone know of any reliable spots for this species within 1 hour or so of boynton beach?
2. Smooth-billed Ani. I've been told to look for them in a field just south of the Ft. Lauderdale airport. Is this the best/only place to see them?
Other birds i'd like to see include Sedge Wren, Brown-headed Nuthatch, and Red-cockaded Woodpecker. (Again, i can only travel about an hour away from the boynton beach area).
If anyone has suggestions for reliable locations for any of these species, especially the scrub jays and anis, please contact me off the list.
Thank you in advance for any information you can provide me.
good birding.

Taj Schottland
Putney, VT
Birding Bumperstickers for Sale!