Hey all,

I headed over to Merritt Island NWR yesterday to see if the Eurasian Wigeon
was still hanging out at stop #2 along Black Point Wildlife Drive. He was
and thanks to Phyllis Mansfield for spotting him amongst hundreds of A.
Wigeon.  There was several other waterfowl species there, including:
Gadwall, Greater and Lesser Scaup, Redhead and lots of Hoodies and American
wigeon.  After Black Point I hit several of the other spots in Merritt,
like: Bio-lab Rd, Gator Rd, Pump house area, and all the pull offs heading
up to the seashore.  All where pretty much productive, especially 2 female
Bufflehead and a Horned Grebe at the north end of Bio-lab Rd.

Highlights:

Horned Grebe- 1 (North end Bio-lab Rd.)

Gadwall- 4 or 5 (Black Point)

Eurasian Wigeon-1 male (Black Point)

Redhead

Greater Scaup- 6 (2 different stops)

Bufflehead- 2 females (North end Bio-lab Rd.)

Peregrine Falcon

Redknot-1 (probably more)

Stilt Sandpiper (Pump house)

Greater and Lesser Black back Gull- adult plumage 1 of each, side by side-
kinda cool

Have a good one,

Chris Newton

Davenport

Directions to Black Point Wildlife Drive: Off  I-95, exit Rt. 406 head east
go through Titusville, over Rt 1,onto Merritt Island. After several miles
bare left onto Memorial Pkwy, go one mile to Black Point Wildlife Drive
entrance on left.  Eurasian Wigeon in impoundment on left between stops #2
and #3.