Hi FL Birders,

Yesterday John Hintermister and I drove over to the east coast looking for a few year and/or county birds.

The EURASIAN WIGEON was "in place" at MINWR.  We found 3 SURF SCOTERS, surprisingly, right in place at the Manatee Hammock campground (south of Titusville).    At the back of the campground, there's some construction going on, but we were given the ok to go out onto the dock.

We saw neither SHORT-EARED OWL nor CINN TEAL at Viera.  The SCISSOR-TAILED FLYCATCHER interested us.  We could not find "Locks Rd", but a speedy drive-by on 528 did not reveal any flycatchers.

The LONG-TAILED DUCK was not at the described spot, west end of Dunlawton Bridge.  By the time we got out on the Ponce jetty, light was fading.  We saw numerous small birds, probably Turnstones, at the far end of the jetty, but weren't able to pick out a PURPLE SANDPIPER.

Dotty Robbins
High Springs