Hi everyone - this afternoon at 5:30 there was a juv Great Cormorant on top of the tower at the end of the north jetty at Ponce Inlet.  This can be seen from either Ponce Inlet (Daytona - north side), or Smyrna Dunes Park, by driving up the beach or walking the boardwalk.  Take your scope.  If this bird is as site specific as the other recent Great Cormorants in FL it should be fairly easy to refind - I would check the rocks along the north jetty as well.  The white throat, darker neck and chest, and very white stomach and belly are easy to see, and even by itself it appears much larger.  I have been looking for this bird for years here; Mike Brothers tells me it is the first record in over 20 years.  Of course I did not haul my camera with me, so will go back tomorrow to try to get a picture.

Bob Wallace
New Smyrna Beach