Upcoming dates are:

Saturday, January 12th
Saturday, February 9th
Saturday, March 8th

We need a few more able-bodied volunteers for sparrow drives at Kissimmee Prairie Preserve for these dates.
Birds likely to be captured are: Florida Grasshopper Sparrow (resident at the site), Grasshopper Sparrow (migratory subspecies), Bachman's Sparrow (resident), Savannah Sparrow (migrant) and Henslow's Sparrow (migrant). Other species at the Preserve that are less likely to be captured are Swamp, LeConte's, and Lincoln's Sparrow. Other birds captured may include Palm Warbler, Common Yellowthroat, Meadowlark, House Wren, and Sedge Wren.

Feel free to bring cameras as you will get close-up looks at all species captured.
Email me to join us or for more information and directions to the Preserve.

Marianne Korosy
UCF/KPPSP
Okeechobee, Florida