Fellow Graduate Students:

You are invited to the first meeting of the UF Graduate Student Council (GSC) of the semester this Thursday, September 18th at 6:30 pm (food will be served at 6:15pm) in room 230 of the Florida Gym.

Each department is required to have a representative present at all meetings, which occur the third Thursday of every month (at the same time and location). If you would like to be your department's representative, speak with the graduate advisor in your department. Even if your department already has a representative you are welcome to attend as a general member, but you will not have voting rights. Each department is given only one vote in GSC, and those departments who do not attend will not be represented. Furthermore, GSC offers $250 travel grants (on a first-come-first-serve basis) for graduate students to present their work at professional conferences. When demand exceeds supply, department attendance at GSC meetings may be used to determine who receives this funding. For this reason we strongly recommend that all departments select a representative and an alternate to attend every meeting.

Thank you for your help in making GSC a success! And please feel free to contact me with any questions that you may have.

Ann Wainscott

Secretary, Graduate Student Council

Graduate Student Council Webpage: http://grove.ufl.edu/~gsc/wp/