we've had several messages from colleagues who have specialty
software and need to run their demos on their own computers. everyone
gets 20 minutes (except posters, of course, which are allotted an
hour). if you need to use your own computer to run specialty
software, then please adjust your presentation time to take into
account the time it takes to unhook the session computer, hook up
your computer, unhook your computer, and re-hook  the session
computer so that the next person can start on time. the six minutes
in the previous message was an estimate for the whole process.

we will have a room at the hotel where those with software can
continue to present, informally, after their formal presentations.