I blogged a response (
http://weblogsky.com/2008/01/the_politics_of_facebook.html), but I was more
interested in his concern about the politics of Facebook's board of
directors and their "ownership of" the community.My  point: those who own
and control a community platform don't own and control the community.

His argument about "the substitution of digital networking for 'real life'"
is based on his assumption that such networking represents a substitute for,
rather than a complement to, face to face relationship. That part of the
piece is IMO irrelevant, given that it's completely subjective.

~ Jon L.

--
Jon Lebkowsky
http://weblogsky.com