Good day All!

I have read that a reasonable amount of time to retain contracts (ex:
service agreements, vendor contracts...) would be until they expire and
then add 6 years, the logic being that most lawsuits would happen within
that time frame.  Do any of you happen to know of a specific citation for
this or have perhaps more explicit reasoning?  I can't seem to find
anything conclusive.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!
David