Hello to all,

Today I received an email from Tom Pitchford regarding a juvenile Brown Booby that is at the St. Augustine Pier. Tom says that the fishermen say that the bird has been there since August! He enclosed  a very nice photo of the bird. Below is his response:

"Hi Michael, The bird is very approachable, not doubt the fishermen have fed it but pier staff say it was "tame" from the first sighting in August.  We strolled right up for the photo I sent you. Birders can find the booby at the end of the pier behind the weather station.  I have seen it weekly since hearing about it over a month ago.  There is a .50 cent sightseeing fee to go on the pier.  Perhaps a small price...   --Tom "

Great bird! Thanks Tom for the head-up!

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center