I have taught a similar study skills course in a group format and in an
independent study format which would be similar to what you all were doing.
There is no question that the individualized was far superior to the group.
We were able to focus on their specific courses and teach/address the topics
as it fit in their current classes.  Also, the relationship we established
was an important connection for the students.  While I have not conducted a
formal long term evaluation of the course, the semester evaluations were
always extremely high.  Leann Garrison

Leann Garrison,
Registrar/Advising
Aquinas College