Here in the states we have Girl Scouts rather than Girl Guides.  I have not heard of any events planned for this Saturday.  I am sure we will be able to give your daughter a tour of the ham shack at the University of Florida at the very least.  Is she traveling with a group?

Susan Ann Tipton, K9PDL

From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: HAM Radio■
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:57:31 -0500

Hi, I was wondering if you can assist me, my daughter is a member of the Canadian Girl Guides, Georgetown, Ontario and will be in Florida this weekend. The importance of this is that her group (and others around the world) are having a Girls On the Air day Feb 16 between 10:00 and 12:00 EST. Our local Ham club (http://www.harc.on.ca/) is hosting them.

Do you know of anyone in the Gainesville area doing a similar thing for the Guides or know of anyone with a shack that can help her out with a quick contact while down there? I think it would be very cool for the girls to make a contact with someone they know that's a long distance anyway.

The web overview is here:  http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/hfarchibald/haprepare.htm

and more here:  http://www.clara.comm.sfu.ca/gota.html - has freq listed

Thanks for your time