MEMORANDUM

Date:  18 February 2008

To:    All Graduate Deans, Associate Deans, Department Chairs, Graduate
       Coordinators, Faculty and Staff

From:	 Dr. Henry T. Frierson
       UF Associate Vice President and Graduate School Dean

RE: 	 Upcoming Graduate School Recruitment and Visitation Events

In an effort to work with graduate programs to attract underrepresented
graduate students to the University of Florida, the Graduate School is
hosting two visitation events during the month of February.

On 21-22 February 2008, we will host the spring Campus Visitation Program
(CVP). Nearly 100 prospective students representing various disciplines will
be visiting the campus for tours, workshops and interaction with faculty,
staff and students.

A week later, we will host about 300 students who will be on campus for the
Florida-Georgia Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (FGLSAMP)
Expo on 29 February and 1 March 2008. These are two excellent opportunities
to showcase our graduate programs and recruit these high-caliber students to
UF.

We thank you for your continued support of the Graduate School's programs.
If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact Recruitment
and Retention Coordinator Janet Broiles at 392-6444 or [log in to unmask]