In the past three months has anyone noticed a shortage of Yellow-rumped (Myrtle) Warblers? I have to admit that I have taken them for granted over the years. Normally, from 12/1 to 3/31 they are dripping from every tree and bush and often the only warbler one sees.
  This year they have not been present on many of my outings in this part of Central Florida - and when I do see them they are in much smaller numbers. This contrasts with previous years through 2005 when large numbers were present on 100% of my outings in suitable habitat.

  However, in 2006 YRWAs were seen on only 80% of my birding trips and in 2007 it was 84%, but still in good numbers. Since January 1, 2008 I have seen them on only 50% of my trips and only a couple of times were they in any quantity.

  Has anyone else had the same experience?

  Roy Peterson, Deltona