GARC students:

I have three communicator spots open for the March 29th "March for
Babies" walk to benefit March of Dimes.  This is a big public service
event and hams have been providing logistics communications support
for the past 10 years.  SG looks very favorably on participation in
these types of events, especially at the budget hearing time.

There are hand-held radios available at the club station purchased
especially for use in special events such as these.

You're also invited to attend the Alachua ARES/RACES meeting on
Monday, March 17th, at 7:00 pm at the Alachua EOC.  The topic will be
an overview of the March of Dimes communications and a chance for
questions from participating hams.  Afterwards, there will also be a
presentation on the program "WxSpots" with installation, setup, and
demo (bring your laptop).

These three locations are still available for March of Dimes:

Station #7 - Creek's Edge Condos --> 1810 NW 23rd BLVD
Station #8 - Verde Plaza	 --> NW 23 AV & NW 13 ST
Station #11 - Sidewalk near	 --> 1400 block of NW 22nd ST

If you would like to participate, please send me your name, callsign,
preference for assignment, email address, and T-Shirt size.  Contact
me via email.

The walk is Saturday March 29th, from 7:00 - noon.  Lunch is provided,
usually pizza, at the main tent area at Westwood Middle School.  The
walk begins at 8:00 am, but we like to get everyone on station for
logistics setup, in case there are issues early on.

Even if this is the first time you have done a special event, this is
great training and very similar to emergency communications nets on
VHF repeaters.  If you would like to be paired up with an experienced
operator, that can be arranged too.

Please let me know by Sunday evening.

Thanks,
Jeff