Prabir:

A web search on 'scale-free network' yielded these two pages as the
top two results:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scale-free_network
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Scale-FreeNetwork.html
each of which contains further references to relevant papers.

For this sort of basic definitional question of a common term, it's
always a good idea to try a web search first.

Joshua

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 6:49 AM, Prabir G. Dastidar
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  Dear all,
>  Could you please give me some reference on Scale-free network?
>  Why it is called scale-free? Please explain a bit to me.
>
>  Thank you for your kind help.
>
>  Prabir.
>
>  --
>  Prabir G.Dastidar
>  Scientist
>  Ministry of Earth sciences,
>  Mahasagar Bhawan,Block # 9 & 12,
>  CGO Complex, Lodi Road,
>  New Delhi- 110003
>  INDIA.
>
>  E-mail: [log in to unmask]
>  Telephone: 91-11-24366130(O),
>  0120-2481046(R)
>  Cellphone: 09868543999

 joshua.omadadhain@gmail.com...................www.ics.uci.edu/~jmadden
It's that moment of dawning comprehension that I live for. -- Bill Watterson