Friends/

While Bebo, Facebook, Bebo, hi5, MySpace, and Orkut, are among the better known general online social networks,
 there is an ever-increasing number of online networks that have emerged for and within a wide variety of communities.

I am greatly interested in learning of Online Social Networks in These And/Or Other Communities

BTW: I Am Aware Of Many Other Communities With Online Social Networks  But Am Asking The Web Communities For Their Suggestions.

ACADEME AND EDUCATION

academici

Classroom 2.0

EduSpaces

OpenAcademic

AFRICAN-AMERICANS

BlackPlanet

BOOMERS

Boomj

Eons

Second Prime Time

BUSINESS

LinkedIn

Ryze

Spoke

XING

GAY/LESBIAN/TRANS-GENDER

OUTeverywhere

RELIGION

MeeJew

MyChurch

Muslim Spaces

RESEARCHERS AND SCHOLARS

2collab

Nature Network

Pronetos: The Social Network For Scholars

I am also interested in Major Web Sites That Have Compiled A Listing of Online Social Network Sites/Services As Well As Any/All Associated Literature.

BTW: I am aware of Social Networking Services Meta List made available on thesocialsoftwareweblog (but it's dated)

and of course List of Social Networking Websites from Wikipedia.

I am also aware of the Ning-based online social networks

***PLEASE POST YOUR NOMINATIONS AS A COMMENT ON THIS BLOG*** AT

[ http://onlinesocialnetworks.blogspot.com/2008/03/not-just-facebook-online-social.html ]

OR

[ http://tinyurl.com/2hkdyq ]

Thanks!

Happy Monday!

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

There is Nothing More Powerful Than  An Idea Whose Time Has Come
Victor Hugo
[ http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490 ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows
[ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ ]