-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nicole Perkins
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 4:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Artlcles or Reports about "success" college programs

Hi Mary!

My name is Nicole Perkins and I teach in the developmental reading and
writing program at Blinn College in Bryan, TX.  Our campus has about
8,000
students and more than half transfer into Texas A&M University that is
just  a few
miles away.

I first started using A+dvancer last summer in the Summer Bridge program
help upcoming 11th grade students develop their reading and writing
skills.
The program was successful and we used A+dvancer in the lab  section of
the
program.  I also use it now for my reading students.  I  have had a lot
of
success with the program and the students really like it  because it
allows them to
work at their own pace.  I have conducted my own  research as far as
student
growth and preference and have been very pleased with  the results.

As far as cost, with the assessment tests, I believe it is $36.30 a
student
per subject area.  A+dvancer offers reading, writing, and math skill
sets.
The program works in many different ways.  After the assessment  test
you can
have the students work on the lessons they did not pass or you can  set
your
own prescriptions so student take particular lessons.  I like to  set my
own
prescriptions so the lessons on A+dvancer are in order of the skills  I
teach in
class that day.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at (979) 229-2979
or
email me at [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask]) .  I would
love to
speak with you about the program or even come to your campus and present
the
program to you and sign you up with a free trial so you can play  with
the
program and view all the features.  I like the program so much  that I
am a
practitioner consultant and speak about the program with other  campuses
whenever
I can.

Thank you,

Nicole Perkins, Instructor