I'm not referring to the non-avian ones here. . . . They won't start
leaving until after Easter this weekend. Today, I stopped at the
North Naples Wastewater Treatment Plant aka Sewage Plant on Goodlette-
Frank Rd., south of Immokalee Rd. for a brief 15 minute scan of the
two cells with water in them. There were several Lesser Scaup and a
few Blue-winged Teal still present but most of the winter ducks had
already departed. There were some "usual" shorebirds on the exposed
sandbar just over the grassy cell that hasn't had water in it for
several years now. Included were both Lesser & Greater Yellowlegs,
Dunlin, Killdeer and Least Sandpipers. On the black tarp surrounding
the perimeter of this same cell was one lone Spotted Sandpiper.
Waders included Glossy Ibis, Snowy & Great Egret, and a lone Great
Blue Heron. An American Kestrel stood guard on a metal pole over the
grassy cell and a Loggerhead Shrike was on the chain-linked fence.
Nothing earth-shattering but still nice to see.

Cheers.

Vince

Vincent Lucas
Naples, FL