Hi Yall,

  Arrived at Beachview Ave. around 6:15 A.M. this morning just ahead of Carl Edwards coming from West Palm to search for the Yellow-headed Blackbird. There were hundreds of blackbirds in the reeds making all kinds of noises. As it got light we searched for the little guy. At 10 A.M. no sign of him. We both decided to give it up. I headed to Hal Scott, and Carl was going to Mead Gardens to check it out. On my way to Hal Scott I called Mary Achen who had seen the Yellow-headed Blackbird to tell her we bombed out. She then told me about another place it was seen first. Behind Best Western! I called Carl to see if he was still in the area. He was, and he headed to Best Western to check it out. It wasn't long until I got the call "I got the Bird!" I'm half way to Hal Scott! I turned around, and headed back. We both got great looks and pictures of the bird thanks to Mary Achen! Thanks Mary!!!! Did we luck out....! View bird

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/2343939260
www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/2343939400
www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/2343110167

Danny Bales