Today at lunch (3/21), I was surprised to again find the Great Cormorant back on the tower at the end of the north jetty at Lighthouse Point Park in Ponce Inlet, Volusia County.  The bird had not been around lately and I thought that it had left for the north. Wrong again.

The great flocks of gulls have left from Daytona Beach Shores at sunset. There are now only hundreds of gulls coming to roost.

One winter resident that is still here is the Peregrine Falcon that roosts on one of the condos in Daytona Beach Shores.  It has perched on this same spot four 4 consecutive winters.

Yesterday evening brought the first Chuck-Will's-Widow at my house this spring.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet