Folks,
Birded this morning (3-21) at Tall Timbers with visiting Jersey Birder, Susan Treesh. Highlights:
-A boisterous morning chorus including barred owl and gobbling wild turkey
-Seven woodpecker species including Susan's lifer Red-Cockaded Woodpecker (we missed Hairy today)
-Bachman's Sparrow
-Bald Eagle sitting on its nest
-Numerous recently arrived Northern Parula
-White Breasted and Brown-headed Nuthatches
-And several singing House Wrens
Not a bad way to start off the first morning of spring.
Peace,
CB

PS
Purple martins have yet to occupy our new gourds at the bird window but a week ago a couple birds alighted momentarily to check out the situation.
C.K. Borg
Tallahassee