From: "MARCY NIELSEN" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 8:56:33 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Mentor program for freshmen

Fellow Listers,

We are developing a mentor program here at the College of Saint Rose in
hopes of helping retention with our freshmen. Our mentors would be
faculty members, administrators and other staff on campus; they would
meet with small groups of freshmen early in their college experience
(during orientation or the first week of school), make a connection and
then do follow-up meetings in the fall and the spring.

Is anyone out there doing something similar? If so, what are your
results/experiences?

Thanks,

Marcy Nielsen

Director of the Learning Center