-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michele Doney
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 9:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Amount of Tutoring Hours Offered?

Hi Lisa and all,

1. We have about 13,000 undergraduates, of whom about 75% attend full
time.

2. Our center is open for 47 hours per week, with at least one tutor on
duty
at all times, and sometimes as many as four.  We do hour-long
appointments
with up to two students per session, so the real unit of availability I
like
to use is the "student-hour," because it represents our true capacity.
We
have a total of 155 of tutor hours scheduled, so with two students per
hour,
that's a total capacity of 310 student-hours per week.  We support about
25
courses, with a handful being math gen ed requirements for the entire
campus, and the rest being major requirements for our 800 Forensic
Science
majors.

Hope this info is helpful!

Best,