Hello Peg,

There are so many schools of thought when it comes to mission
statements. We tended to go with a shorter one.  Our revised mission and
vision statements for the Center for Academic Success are below:

The CAS Mission Statement:
As LSU's central learning center the Center for Academic Success
empowers individuals to become motivated, self-directed learners through
understanding the learning process, personalized learning strategies and
content-specific assistance.

Vision Statement:
Our vision is to empower individuals with fresh perspectives and
strategies that transform the learning process.

One quick note, the word "ensure" should be used instead of "insure".

Best regards,
Saundra

Saundra McGuire, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Academic Success