Hello Listers,

This morning, I read the posts of the last 24 hours about online tutoring programs.  As always, I learned from my colleagues and enjoyed reading the variety of comments.  Thank you!

I do not have a problem with commercial enterprises reading our posts or participating in discussions.  I visit with their representatives at conferences, contact them when I need solutions that they might be able to provide, and believe that they have something to add.  We are critical readers and thinkers.  We recognize that there is a purpose to their involvement.  We use use their services when appropriate and choose not to use their services when we have better or less costly alternatives.

I do think, however, that it is always necessary to identify our roles.

Happy Spring!

Barbara

Barbara Dean Wolfe
Chair, Department of Academic Strategies
Director, Academic Strategies Center
Hillyer College, University of Hartford
200 Bloomfield Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117