Fellow Listers,

We are developing a mentor program here at the College of Saint Rose in
hopes of helping retention with our freshmen.  Our mentors would be
faculty members, administrators and other staff on campus; they would
meet with small groups of freshmen early in their college experience
(during orientation or the first week of school), make a connection and
then do follow-up meetings in the fall and the spring.

Is anyone out there doing something similar?  If so, what are your
results/experiences?

Thanks,

Marcy Nielsen

Director of the Learning Center