Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 08:15:55 -0500

To: Barry Wellman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Social Networks 101 Question

Hi Barry --

I am working on a handbook chapter ..... One
point I want to make is that people were organized in social networks
even before there was "web 2.0" (or web 1.0 for that matter).

Can you tell me what The Classic Dawn Of An Era article or book is
about social networks? The one that goes in a sentence pair like this?

"Of course, as XXXXXX argued in 19__, networks are a fundamental form
of human social organization. XXXXXX defined social networks as ..."

Obviously a hole in my expertise I need patched!