Hi Jorge,

There's a paper that I co-wrote that deals with using mobile devices
to automatically collect interactions with people within close
proximity (http://www.imedia.mie.utoronto.ca/~achin/Publications/UserMobility_WMCSA04.pdf).
 Also, Nokia did something called the Nokia Sensor with Nokia phones
that would detect proximity and record interactions
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_Sensor).

Hope this helps.

Alvin