Date:    Sat, 12 Apr 2008 00:42:09 +0100
From:    Jorge =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=C1vila?= de Lima <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Technological devices for network data collection

Hi

I am writing a paper on data collection strategies in social network
analysis. I would like to include a section on new technological devices
that automatically register interaction between/among actors. I know that
there are some devices out there that some researchers are using. People
carry them around and they track their contacts with others (and,
eventually, other information, such as length of communication and
eventually voice tone). Information on these and other technological
devices for automatic data collection would be very helpful. Also, is
anyone aware of any publications that deal with this issue? I think that we
as a community need to discuss the characteristics, advantages and
potential drawbacks of such systems. Any information and views on this are
more than welcome. I promise to share the results of this query with anyone
who is interested.

Thank you in advance for your help and comments

Jorge Ávila de Lima
(Associate Professor)