From: "Vladimir Tepes" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 9:45:42 AM (GMT-0500) America/New_York
Subject: Implications of a collaboration graph on a faculty

Dear Socnet Members,

I have gotten ahold of a collaboration data between researchers in my
faculty. They have been visualised as a network, and I've set the
attributes of the nodes and the links to reflect the amount of
publications, and the amount of collaborations respectively.

The question I have is : are there any possible impacts on the
politics of the faculty? Anybody with a similar experience to this?

Warmest Regards,
Vladimir

Jordi Comas
Assistant Professor (2008- )
Management
Bucknell University
570 577-3161

Ideas, Commentary and Research Blog: www.netsweweave.wordpress.com

Personal website: http://www.facstaff.bucknell.edu/jcomas

"There is nothing so practical as a good theory." Kurt Lewin

"Not all learning leads to intelligent behavior." James March

"I often say sociology is a martial art, a means of self-defense. Basically, you use it to defend yourself, without having the right to use if for unfair attacks." Pierre Bourdieu

"These are hard times to get it right, but the easy answers to yesterday’s debate won’t get it right." Lawernce Lessig