Hey All,

Here's proof that one shouldn't write from memory a week after the fact and at 7:00AM which is what I did this morning.  First Vince Lucas pointed out that Dinner Island is on CR 833, not on 835 as I reported.  I didn't go as far east as CR835.  Vince also mentioned that the gate that we took to be locked probably was not - it only looked that way.  So don't be discouraged if it appears closed; give it a shot anyway.

Also, Susan Daughtrey wrote with the particulars of Manasota Scrub Preserve, of which I mentioned  that I was a little fuzzy this morning.  Susan writes, "It is actually at the SW corner of Manasota Beach Rd. and CR 776."  I visited it after I left Stump Pass, not after I left Siesta Key.

Thanks to Vince and Susan for setting the record straight and to all of you who wrote to me throughout the day.

Good birding,
Bob Carroll
Gainesville

I hope you love birds too. It is economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
US poet (1830 - 1886)