Sandy and other listers -

The Student Success Center was created as a new department less than 2
years ago.  We wanted a logo to help profile our new programs, and we
wanted to involve students in the creation of the logo.  Last semester
we worked with an /Advanced Publications and Design/ class.  The Student
Success Center at Rider University was their client.  I attended 2
classes, explained our vision, mission, philosophy and programs (we have
4 --Tutoring Services, Supplemental Instruction, a first year program
for freshmen, and a program for student on academic probation).
Students designed logos, invited me to a presentation, and then provided
me with copies of the logos.  I was impressed with their professionalism
and their feel for our program. I shared the logos with my professional
and students staff; together we selected a logo which we now proudly
display on our website and our publications.
It took us some time to acquire the logo, but we were so happy to
involve the students in this process.

Kendall Friedman