Another idea -- hold a logo design contest.  Give textbook scholarships
(aka gift card to the book store) as prizes.

Kathryn Van Wagoner
Math Lab Manager
Utah Valley State College
801-863-8411

>>> "Kendall Friedman" <[log in to unmask]> 4/17/2008 3:08 PM >>>
Sandy and other listers -

The Student Success Center was created as a new department less than 2

years ago.  We wanted a logo to help profile our new programs, and we
wanted to involve students in the creation of the logo.  Last semester

we worked with an /Advanced Publications and Design/ class.  The
Student
Success Center at Rider University was their client.  I attended 2
classes, explained our vision, mission, philosophy and programs (we
have
4 --Tutoring Services, Supplemental Instruction, a first year program
for freshmen, and a program for student on academic probation).
Students designed logos, invited me to a presentation, and then
provided
me with copies of the logos.  I was impressed with their
professionalism
and their feel for our program. I shared the logos with my professional

and students staff; together we selected a logo which we now proudly
display on our website and our publications.
It took us some time to acquire the logo, but we were so happy to
involve the students in this process.

Kendall Friedman

Sandy Sampson wrote:
> Listers,
> We are in the process of opening our new campus learning center
called The
> Learning Commons. It will incorporate the math, reading, writing and

> English skills centers in one building connected to the library. Our
plans
> are moving along nicely and the next step is to create a logo for the

> center. We would very much like to hear from some of you who have
created
> a logo for your center. Our only guideline so far is to incorporate
the
> school letters, TCC, into the logo somehow.
> Thanks for sharing!
>
> Sandy Sampson
> Reading Center Coordinator
> Tallahassee Community College