Annette,

The two largest conferences are NADE and CRLA.

NADE (the largest, often with 1000 or more attendees,)has many presentations for faculty in developmental courses as well as presentations on Learning Center Management and Tutoring.

CRLA (growing with 600-700 at the most recent conference, but still keeping the feel of a small, friendly group) has some presentations for faculty in developmental courses but many presentations on Learning Center Management and Tutoring.

NCLCA, NTA, and ATP have smaller conferences with slightly different focus.

NCLCA (I'm not sure their size; you can check the website for the number of presentations) has many presentations for Learning Center Management, and not quite as many on tutoring.

NTA (250-400 depending on the year) and ATP (newly formed, with, I hear 200+ attendees this year) have many presentations on tutoring and some on Learning Center Management.

I am or have been a member of all of the above except ATP (but I know many of the people involved in the leadership and presentations at their conference.) Many people share their expertise in presentations in two or more of the conferences.  I think for most people in our profession, any of the conferences will provide a rich and valuable experience. My suggestion is to look at what is offered for pre-and/or post-conference workshops for topics you really need to have information or training on and past that, choose the location and dates that are best for you.

Laura Symons
Coordinator of the Learning Center
Piedmont Virginia Community College
501 College Drive