From: "Travis Ramage" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 9:25:15 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: NCLCA Conference Proposals

Dear Fellow Learning Center Professionals and Colleagues:

The Beatles may have song about Eight Days a Week, but you also have eight (8) days (including today) to submit your proposal for the 2008 NCLCA Conference in Memphis, October 2 – October 3 . The deadline for submission is Monday, April 28 .

Note: We are also offering a variety of pre- and post- conference institutes on Wednesday, October 1 and Saturday, October 4.

Submitting your proposal is easy. All you need to do is submit a title , abstract , and summary of your proposal using our on-line proposal form at: http://www.nclca.org/2008conference/proposals.htm

For more information about the conference, please visit our conference website at: http://www.nclca.org/2008conference/home.htm

This year’s conference theme, The Rhythm and Blues of Research and Practice , reflects our goal of providing learning center professionals an opportunity to share their “rhythm and blues” regarding the research, publication, programs, and services they offer in their learning centers.

The concept of “rhythm and blues” provides you an opportunity to share what has worked (“rhythm”) in your center and in your professional development as well as what has not worked (“blues”) and what changes you are planning to make to achieve rhythm in your center and in your professional career.

I have attached the CFP for you to print and review at your leisure.

Here are the themes for this year's proposals:

1. The Rhythm and Blues of Research Design and/or Publication

2. The Rhythm and Blues of Learning Center Management

(e.g., evaluation/assessment, employee training/development, marketing)

3. The Rhythm and Blues of Tutor Training and Evaluation

4. The Rhythm and Blues of Supplemental Instruction Programs

5. The Rhythm and Blues of Programming for Special Student Populations

(e.g., conditional admits, athletes, first year students, students with disabilities)

6. The Rhythm and Blues of Learning Center Programming (e.g., tutoring, workshops)

7. The Rhythm and Blues of Technology in Learning Centers

If you have questions about developing and/or submitting a proposal, please contact me.

Travis Ramage (NCLCA Professional Development Officer)
Academic Advisor / STAR Program Coordinator
Aurora University
347 Gladstone Avenue
Aurora , IL 60506
PH: 630-844-5141