From: Records Management Program [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Peter Kurilecz
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:25 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Records Audits

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 8:24 AM, Kim Mayberry <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> If there is an effective way to audit internally, who should have the
> responsibility and how do you track and analyze the data?

Check and see if  TBS has an internal audit group. They should be able
make a records audit a part of their regular departmental audits. They
are
independent and objective. It is there job to identify problems. Years
ago
at a previous employer I worked with Internal audit to include RM
questions
as part of their deparment audit process. Think  of it as a good cop/bad
cop
routine with you being the good cop there to help the audited department
fix
their audit exceptions.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA