I try to keep tutors to a 4 hour shift.  I have allowed some occasional
5 hour shifts.  If I have to schedule them for 6 hours, they are
required to slip out for at least 15 - 30 mins sometime during the
shift.  I've never followed up to make sure they are taking a break.

I'm sure there are labor laws involved here, but I'm not sure of the
exact laws.

Kathryn Van Wagoner
Math Lab Manager
Utah Valley State College
801-863-8411

>>> "Schroeder, Lorraine M" <[log in to unmask]> 4/24/2008 3:50 PM

Hello All,

We were wondering what the maximum shift length is for your tutors. In
other words, do your tutors work four hour shifts, six hour shifts,
etc?

We especially want to know what limits you set for tutors who are busy
for their entire shift.

Thanks for your help,

Lorraine Schroeder, MA, LPC
Outreach / Learning Strategies Counselor
Wellness & Learning Support Services
University of Houston
Graduate College Social Work Building, Rm 329
713-743-5463

browser to