-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kathryn Schrader
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 5:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Shift Lengths for Tutors

Lorraine,
I'm not sure what you mean by limits.  I have a walk-in math tutor who
works six hours at a time.  He set his own schedule around his classes
and gets his 20 hours in per week.  He has set-up sort of a round table
with him in the center on a rolling chair so he can easily move from one
student to the next.  The table is divided into thirds and each third is
labeled with beginning algebra, intermediate algebra, and trig & up.  He
loves it; the students love it and it seems to work.  I let the tutors
limit themselves.  They find out in short order what they can handle and
what they can't.

Kathryn J. Schrader
Tutoring & SI Supervisor
Muskegon Community College