Dear Fellow Learning Center Professionals and Colleagues:

LAST CALL…for proposals, not bar time…

The ‘long and winding road’ of submitting your NCLCA Proposal is finally here. Get out ‘Maxwell’s Silver Hammer’ and put together a proposal for this year’s the 2008 NCLCA Conference in Memphis , October 2 – October 3 . The deadline for submission is TODAY, Monday, April 28 .

Submitting your proposal is easy. ‘ All you need to do is…’ to submit a title , abstract , and summary of your proposal using our on-line proposal form at: http://www.nclca.org/2008conference/proposals.htm

For more information about the conference, please visit our conference website at: http://www.nclca.org/2008conference/home.htm

This year’s conference theme, The Rhythm and Blues of Research and Practice , reflects our goal of providing learning center professionals an opportunity to share their “rhythm and blues” regarding the research, publication, programs, and services they offer in their learning centers.

The concept of “rhythm and blues” provides you an opportunity to share what has worked (“rhythm”) in your center and in your professional development as well as what has not worked (“blues”) and what changes you are planning to make to achieve rhythm in your center and in your professional career.

I have attached the CFP for you to print and review at your leisure.

Here are the themes for this year's proposals:

1. The Rhythm and Blues of Research Design and/or Publication

2. The Rhythm and Blues of Learning Center Management

(e.g., evaluation/assessment, employee training/development, marketing)

3. The Rhythm and Blues of Tutor Training and Evaluation

4. The Rhythm and Blues of Supplemental Instruction Programs

5. The Rhythm and Blues of Programming for Special Student Populations

(e.g., conditional admits, athletes, first year students, students with disabilities)

6. The Rhythm and Blues of Learning Center Programming (e.g., tutoring, workshops)

7. The Rhythm and Blues of Technology in Learning Centers

If you have questions about developing and/or submitting a proposal, please contact me.

Travis Ramage (NCLCA Professional Development Officer)
Academic Advisor / STAR Program Coordinator
Aurora University
347 Gladstone Avenue
Aurora , IL 60506
PH: 630-844-5141