Just recently I received an article from Inside Higher Education that indicates a change in attitude by faculty regarding Wikipedia. You may be interested in reading it at http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2008/04/28/wiki

I have found it to be a quick and reasonably accurate resource as I do some preliminary research.                   You may want to share it with faculty and staff in your writing center program.  Collegially...................

[log in to unmask]                "In times of change, learners inherit the
Frank L Christ                    earth, while the learned find themselves
Emeritus, CSULB              beautifully equipped to deal with a
Visiting Scholar,                world that no longer exists".. Eric Hoffer
LSC & WI Web site:           http://www.pvc.maricopa.edu/~lsche/