We use Accuplacer as well.  The student can retest if they want to pay  the
$40 fee, otherwise completion of the class with a C or better allows them to
move to the next developmental class or take "A" level classes (freshman
English, etc).  I use a great software program that is 100% aligned to the
Acculplacer that really helps my developmental students.  If anyone is  interested,
please email me.  It has a diagnostic test and well as lessons  for each
specific area.  Most of my students improve greatly by the end of  the semester and
some test out of developmental classes.

In a message dated 5/20/2008 10:59:59 AM Central Daylight Time,