In a similar situation a few years ago, we appealed to student
government for support. They gave us a portion of the student fees for
one year, while the administration worked on getting us some hard
funding.

Kathryn Van Wagoner
Math Lab Manager
Utah Valley State College
801-863-8411

>>> "Libert, Jerrine M" <[log in to unmask]> 5/15/2008 10:09 AM >>>
Although the SI Program at Indiana University East is about to be win
the "Outstanding SI Program" award at the Fifth International Conference
on Supplemental Instruction in Orlando, we need funding desperately if
we are to continue the SI program with the number of sections we have
offered in the past.  Our Perkins Grant is running out and cannot be
renewed because I U East is discontinuing its two-year associate degree
program and is making a transition from a university that recruited
non-traditional students to a traditional university that is offering
increasing numbers of bachelor's and master's degrees.

I need the following information:  How are other schools funding their
SI programs?
What opportunities for outside funding are available?

I will be glad to contact agencies about how we would apply, their
requirements, etc.  Basically I'm doing some major digging to save our
program.  Please help!

Jerri Libert
Supplemental Instruction Coordinator
Indiana University East